Popular Posts

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Adele 9, Week On January 9, 2016

This week has the least number of debuts as being the 2nd weekend of the year. We still have the same old #1 song but we said goodbye to some really bad ones. Next week needs to be a little bit better. Now, before we get to this week's fresh 45, here's the songs we're saying goodbye to:
  • 1 Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Downtown (#37)
  • 2 Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud (#44)

Last Week's #1 Song: Adele - Hello
The Countdown:
45. Pentatonix - Can't Sleep Love (#43)
44. Justin Bieber - What Do You Mean? (#45)
43. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Hey Everybody! (#42)
42. Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again (#41)
41. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious (#40)
40. Meghan Trainor/John Legend - Like I'm Gonna Lose You (#19)
39. Audien/Lady Antebellum - Something Better (#39)
38. Tove Lo - Moments (DEBUT)
37. Little Mix - Black Magic (#31)
36. Ed Sheeran - Photograph (#32)
35. The Chainsmokers/ROZES - Roses (DEBUT)
34. X Ambassadors - Renegades (#36)
33. The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face (#35)
32. Gwen Stefani - Used To Love You (#30)
31. Fifth Harmony - Worth It (#33)
30. Charlie Puth - One Call Away (#28)
29. R. City/Adam Levine - Locked Away (#38)
28. Andy Grammer - Good To Be Alive (Hallelujah) (#24)
27. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#29)
26. Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams (#21)
25. Adele - When We Were Young (#34)
24. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - I Know What You Did Last Summer (#26)
23. Sam Hunt - House Party (#20)
22. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean (#17)
21. Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - S.O.B. (#25)
20. Jason Derulo - Get Ugly (#18)
19. Walk The Moon - Shut Up And Dance (#6)
18. Daya - Hide Away (#12)
17. Halsey - New Americana (#27)
16. Justin Bieber - Sorry (#23)
15. Rachel Platten - Stand By You (#22)
14. Flo-Rida - My House (#8)
13. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato - Irresistible (#16)
12. Alessia Cara - Here (#14)
11. Rudimental/Ed Sheeran - Lay It All On Me (#11)
10. Taylor Swift - Out Of The Woods (#13)
9. The Weeknd - In The Night (#10)
8. Selena Gomez - Same Old Love (#9)
7. One Direction - Perfect (#7)
6. Demi Lovato - Confident (#5)
5. Shawn Mendes - Stitches (#3)
4. Elle King - Ex's & Oh's (#4)
3. One Direction - Drag Me Down (#15)
2. Ellie Goulding - On My Mind (#2)
1. Adele - Hello (#1)

#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Taylor Swift - Blank Space

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Meghan Trainor/John Legend - Like I'm Gonna Lose You (-21)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: One Direction - Drag Me Down (+12)

New Entrants:
Ugh! The Chainsmokers are back with a song that is worse than #Selfie. They produced Roses which is downright annoying. I can't stand the song at all. This song better not last very long on the countdown. I would appreciate it leaving. Well, we can't always be certain in things.

Tove Lo - Moments is a lot better than Talking Body but it's not as good as Habits. I really like this song to stay in a while. Heroes w/ Alesso would probably always be her best while this one is in the middle. It's very catchy and let's see how far this one goes. I really would like to see some success in this song but I'll probably get sick of it in the future.

Blurbments:
• One Direction - Drag Me Down having the biggest jump for the 2nd week in a row really upsets me and I now hate it.

• Walk The Moon - Shut Up And Dance has exited the top 10 and I'm not dreaming.

• Thank you Hits 1 for kicking out 2 more crappy songs.

• Panic! At The Disco - Victorious is getting on my last nerves so please leave next week or so.

• Fifth Harmony - Worth It really likes that #31 spot and that's a dangerous spot since a lot of songs in late 2013 left because of that spot but Worth It was at #31 for the best of 2015 so this wasn't a surprise.

• Since there's only 2 DTHNOBs this week, I would like to see 6+ DTHNOBs full of bad songs within the next few weeks.

• Speaking of the number of DTHNOBs, a 5 DTHNOB week need to happen like next week or something because we're almost in a full year without them.

• It's about time that Like I'm Gonna Lose You had the biggest drop.

• Jason Derulo - Get Ugly is by far my worst song of 2016, it's just horrible and needs to be I my bottom 5 of the year.

• We need to keep the good songs in the top 10 and have the bad songs leave but it's just wanting to do the opposite.

Most Missed Song: Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do

Countdown Grade: B-

Top 5 Picks:
1. Fifth Harmony - Worth It
2. One Direction - Perfect
3. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - I Know What You Did Last Summer
4. Tove Lo - Moments
5. The Weeknd - In The Night

Bottom 5 Picks:
1. Jason Derulo - Get Ugly
2. Walk The Moon - Shut Up And Dance
3. Nathinal Rateliff & The Night Sweats - S.O.B.
4. The Chainsmokers/Rozes - Roses
5. Pentatonix - Can't Sleep Love

14 comments:

  1. You put Can't Sleep Live instead of Love on your Bottom 5 picks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's about think instead of it's about time.

      Delete
    2. I see a few more typos too that will take too long to mention.

      Delete
    3. Fixed. Can you spot more typos for me so I can fix more.

      Delete
    4. at the top you said we got rid of some really good songs and you put them in red.

      Delete
    5. Oops! Sorry, I was my bad for doing that.

      Delete
    6. Oh my gosh, I really like Get Ugly, so it needs to be in the Top 5, and hit #1 right away!!!

      Delete
    7. There is a space between My House and Irresistible, plus you said "The Chainsmokers is back"

      Delete
  2. My Top 5 predictions for next week:
    5. Charlie Puth - One Call Away
    4. twenty one pilots - Stressed Out
    3. Taylor Swift - Out of the Woods
    2. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato - Irresistible
    1. One Direction - Drag Me Down [2nd Week @ #1]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if we would have a 5 DTHNOB week this week, I want Can't Sleep Love, What Do You Mean?, See You Again, Victorious, and Black Magic to leave. But to make Parker happy, then it should be Photograph leaving instead of See You a Again, and Worth It better not be leaving next week.

      Delete
    2. Here are my predictions for next week:

      5. Drag Me Down
      4. Confident
      3. Ex's And Oh's
      2. On My Mind
      1. Hello

      Delete
  3. Finally, someone agrees with me on Roses!

    ReplyDelete