Popular Posts

Sunday, March 3, 2019

The Chainsmokers (7) - Week Of March 2, 2019

Hey guys, I’m back. Yesterday, I went to driving school and I did very well being a first time student driver. I’m so proud of myself. Now, let’s get to this week’s exits.
  • Charli XCX/Troye Sivan – 1999 (#29)
  • Zara Larsson – Ruin My Life (#33)

Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling
The Countdown
45. Bebe Rexha – I'm A Mess (#45)
44. lovelytheband – Broken (#41)
43. Charlie Puth – The Way I Am (#43)
42. Fall Out Boy – The Last Of The Real Ones (#30)
41. Jennifer Lopez – Limitless (#44)
40. George Ezra – Shotgun (#38)
39. Travis Scott/Drake – Sicko Mode (#42)
38. Backstreet Boys – Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#34)
37. Imagine Dragons – Natural (#25)
36. Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus – Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (#39)
35. Maroon 5/Cardi B – Girls Like You (#36)
34. Jake Miller – Wait For You (#40)
33. Lauren Daigle – You Say (#28)
32. Stephen Puth – Sexual Vibe (#24)
31. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy – I've Been Waiting (DEBUT)
30. Zedd/Katy Perry – 365 (#37)
29. Khalid/Normani – Love Lies (#26)
28. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Youngblood (#12)
27. David Guetta/Anne-Marie – Don't Leave Me Alone (#27)
26. Imagine Dragons – Bad Liar (DEBUT)
25. Sabrina Carpenter – Sue Me (#22)
24. Seeb/Bastille – Grip (#16)
23. Cardi B/Bruno Mars – Please Me (#31)
22. Kelsea Ballerini – Miss Me More (#35)
21. Khalid – Better (#18)
20. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer – Who Do You Love (#19)
19. Post Malone/Swae Lee – Sunflower (#14)
18. Dan + Shay – Speechless (#23)
17. Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next (#20)
16. Dean Lewis – Be Alright (#21)
15. Anne-Marie – 2002 (#7)
14. Twenty One Pilots – Chlorine (#15)
13. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid – Eastside (#11)
12. Avril Lavigne – Tell Me It's Over (#17)
11. Sam Smith/Normani – Dancing With A Stranger (#32)
10. Dan + Shay – Tequila (#10)
  9. Ariana Grande – 7 Rings (#13)
  8. Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes (#6)
  7. Ellie Goulding/Diplo – Close To Me (#9)
  6. Marshmello/Bastille – Happier (#4)
  5. Halsey – Without Me (#3)
  4. Alec Benjamin – Let Me Down Slowly (#8)
  3. Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho (#5)
  2. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#2)
  1. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling (#1)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle (1)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: 5 Seconds Of Summer – Youngblood (–16)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Sam Smith/Normani – Dancing With A Stranger (+21)

New Entrants:
Once when I though it wasn’t going to make the countdown, Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I’ve Been Waiting. The only part of the song that really appeals me is Fall Out Boy’s verse. I can’t stand the other 2 rappers’ verse. As it’s not an awful song, it’s still pretty bad.

I’m actually happy that Machine flopped as we get a song from them better than that. I didn’t like Bad Liar at first because I thought it was boring, but it became such a catchy song. It’s about time they get another good song as I’m sick of Natural. I have a feeling this is going to stick around much longer than Machine.

HitBound:
  • lovelytheband – Maybe, I'm Afraid
  • Post Malone – Wow
  • Maren Morris – GIRL
  • P!nk – Walk Me Home (DEBUT)
  • Madison Beer – Hurts Like Hell
  • Panic! At The Disco – Dancing's Not A Crime
  • Kelsy Karter – Harry
  • Austin Brown – In Betweenin' (DEBUT)
  • Meghan Trainor – All The Ways
  • Ally Brooke – Low Key (DEBUT)
  • Grandson – Apologize
  • Jonas Brothers – Sucker (DEBUT)
  • LSD/Lil Wayne – Genius
  • Yungblud/Halsey/Travis Barker – 11 Minutes
  • Lauv/Troye Sivan – I'm So Tired
  • Kygo/Valerie Broussard – Think About You (DEBUT)
Walk Me Home and In Betweenin’ are boring but still decent, Low Key is pretty catchy, I very happy that the Jonas Brothers are back with Sucker, and I think that Think About You has a pretty good production.

Top 5 HitBound:
  1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
  2. Meghan Trainor - All The Ways
  3. Ally Brooke - Low Key
  4. Maren Morris - GIRL
  5. Madison Beer - Hurts Like Hell

I’ve Been Blurbing:
The point that they got rid of great songs instead of trash and old songs is just ridiculous. Both of these songs were in my top 5 last week and they should’ve lasted a lot longer. This is the reason why almost the entire bottom 5 is filled with bad songs.

I definitely agree with this week’s biggest jump and drop. Dancing With A Stranger has grown more into me because of Normani and I don’t see myself getting sick of it anytime soon. Youngblood on the other hand is old and got very annoying and I would appreciate it if it left soon.

I’m also very happy about our lone top 10 entrant this week. 7 Rings is amazing and is a well deserved top 10 song.

Dan + Shay - Speechless should not be jumping back into the top 20.

Also, 2002 shouldn’t be dropping out of the top 10.

Unfortunately, I do not see Zedd/Katy Perry - 365 or Stephen Puth - Sexual Vibe lasting long on the countdown. Even though they’re great songs, they’re still pretty much fillers.

As we’ve had a 6+ exit week 2 weeks ago, I think we’re now due for yet another one. It could actually get rid of most of the trash we’ve had in the bottom third. However, I know I’ve Been Waiting probably won’t leave within the next few weeks, unless it flops.

Halsey - Without Me dropping should be a good thing not just for me, but everyone else in the blogging community.

Because of being stuck in the #45 spot, Bebe Rexha - I’m A Mess will be most likely leaving next week. However, it may be like In My Blood where I expected it to leave the week after but it still stays.

Despite its drop, Imagine Dragons - Natural has now been officially annoying. Please get out of the countdown, soon.

Travis Scott/Drake has made a rebound with Sicko Mode. It’s not a great song tho. I don’t think it’s going to last.

Most Missed Song: Taylor Swift - Blank Space

Throwback Pick: Kylie Minogue - Can’t Get You Out Of My Head (2001)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah

#1 Recommendation For You: Jonas Brothers - Sucker

Recommended HitBound Dropout: Kelsy Karter - Harry

Recommended Song To Hit #1: Ariana Grande - 7 Rings

Recommended Song To Leave Next Week: Jennifer Lopez - Limitless

Favorite Countdown Song This Week Last Year: Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be

Top 20 Review:
0-Crap:
20. Halsey – Without Me
19. Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes

1-Bad:
18. Twenty One Pilots – Chlorine
17. Dan + Shay – Speechless

2-Mediocre:
16. Dan + Shay – Tequila
15. Marshmello/Bastille – Happier
14. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid – Eastside
13. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It

3-Decent:
12. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling

4-Good:
11. Post Malone/Swae Lee – Sunflower
10. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer – Who Do You Love
9. Dean Lewis – Be Alright
8. Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho

5-Great:
7. Ellie Goulding/Diplo – Close To Me
6. Avril Lavigne – Tell Me It's Over
5. Alec Benjamin – Let Me Down Slowly
4. Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next
3. Sam Smith/Normani – Dancing With A Stranger
2. Anne-Marie – 2002

6-Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Ariana Grande – 7 Rings
Total Score: 65/100

Top 5 Picks:
  1. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
  2. Bebe Rexha - I’m A Mess
  3. Anne-Marie - 2002
  4. Sam Smith/Normani - Don’t Leave Me Alone
  5. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next

Bottom 5 Picks:
  1. George Ezra - Shotgun
  2. Jennifer Lopez - Limitless
  3. Halsey - Without Me
  4. Maroon 5 - Girls Like You
  5. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes

No comments:

Post a Comment