Popular Posts

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Halsey (4) - Week of February 2, 2019

Hi guys, it's me, WAMB10. Sorry for the late post I usually get my posts out earlier but this week, I was really busy calculating spreadsheets for my rankdown. But good news, i passed my permit test in the DMV last week so I can now drive supervised. But now, let's get into the exits.
  • Camila Cabello – Consequences (#25)
  • Silk City/Dua Lipa – Electricity (#37)
  • Lauv/Julia Michaels – There's No Way (#40)
  • Steve Aoki/BTS – Waste It On Me (#41)
  • Little Mix/Nicki Minaj – Woman Like Me (#44)

Last Week's #1 Song: Halsey – Without Me
The Countdown
45. Shawn Mendes – In My Blood (#45)
44. Jennifer Lopez – Limitless (#42)
43. Charlie Puth – The Way I Am (#43)
42. Bebe Rexha – I'm a Mess (#39)
41. George Ezra – Shotgun (#38)
40. Pitbull/Rhea – Ocean To Ocean (DEBUT)
39. Panic! At The Disco – Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#36)
38. Charli XCX/Troye Sivan – 1999 (DEBUT)
37. Backstreet Boys – Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#34)
36. Dean Lewis – Be Alright (DEBUT)
35. Selena Gomez – Back To You (#33)
34. Maroon 5/Cardi B – Girls Like You (#32)
33. Ariana Grande – Breathin (#27)
32. lovelytheband – Broken (#30)
31. Lauren Jauregui – Expectations (#23)
30. Seeb/Bastille – Grip (DEBUT)
29. Lauren Daigle – You Say (DEBUT)
28. Alessia Cara – Trust My Lonely (#29)
27. James Arthur – Empty Space (#28)
26. Benny Blanco/Calvin Harris – I Found You (#35)
25. Fall Out Boy – The Last Of The Real Ones (#26)
24. Khalid – Better (#22)
23. Imagine Dragons – Machine (#13)
22. Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus – Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (#31)
21. The Struts/Kesha – Body Talks (#24)
20. Zara Larsson – Ruin My Life (#20)
19. Dan + Shay – Speechless (#19)
18. Post Malone/Swae Lee – Sunflower (#16)
17. David Guetta/Anne-Marie – Don't Leave Me Alone (#18)
16. Twenty One Pilots – Chlorine (#17)
15. Khalid/Normani – Love Lies (#14)
14. Imagine Dragons – Natural (#21)
13. Ellie Goulding/Diplo – Close To Me (#12)
12. Dan + Shay – Tequila (#7)
11. Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho (#15)
10. Alec Benjamin – Let Me Down Slowly (#11)
  9. Anne-Marie – 2002 (#10)
  8. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#9)
  7. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid – Eastside (#6)
  6. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#5)
  5. Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next (#8)
  4. Marshmello/Bastille – Happier (#4)
  3. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling (#3)
  2. Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes (#2)
  1. Halsey – Without Me (#1)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future – End Game (1)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Imagine Dragons – Machine (–10)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Tie Between Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus – Nothing Breaks Like A Heart and Benny Blanco/Calvin Harris – I Found You (+9)

New Entrants.
Why guys would Pitbull/Rhea - Ocean To Ocean make the countdown? It's a terrible cover of Africa. And yes, one cover was enough. Because of this cover, I'm even losing interest in Weezer's Africa. Rhea's verse isn't good and it ruins the song for me.

I love Charli XCX's new single, 1999. He's collaborating with Troye Sivan in this song. And to be honest, I was born in 1999. I really wanna go back to when I was born as I was cute back then. I really hope this songs does really well. This song is by far Charli XCX's best.

Dean Lewis - Be Alright is a song that I didn't like at first, but now I find it pretty catchy. He's a better country singer than many people. It's not as basic as Sugarland/Taylor Swift - Babe or Dan + Stay - Speechless. The latter, however is also on this weeks countdown. At least it has some tune to it.

I find SeeB/Bastille - Grip to be a good song, but not great. SeeB can do much better as a DJ. But this song is still has it's positives. Bastille sounds good with the tune but I kinda find it generic foe EDM. Even though I like it, it won't be too long before I get sick of it.

Many people think that Lauren Daigle is a better singer than Lauren Jauregui. However, I think the exact opposite. I like Lauren Jauregui because I was a huge Fifth Harmony stan, but Lauren Daigle is worse when it comes to You Say. She can't sing, and the production is pretty bad. I already have doubts that this song is gonna stick on the long run. It may grow on me but I highly doubt it.

HitBound:
  • Imagine Dragons – Bad Liar (DEBUT)
  • Rita Ora – Let You Love Me (DEBUT)
  • lovelytheband – Maybe, I'm Afraid
  • Gesaffelstein/The Weeknd – Lost In The Fire
  • Sabrina Carpenter – Sue Me
  • Panic! At The Disco – Dancing's Not A Crime (DEBUT)
  • Kelsea Ballerini – Miss Me More
  • Stephen Puth – Sexual Vibe
  • Ariana Grande – 7 Rings (DEBUT)
  • Sam Smith/Normani – Dancing With A Stranger
  • Post Malone – Wow.
  • Lauv/Troye Sivan – I'm So Tired (DEBUT)
  • Jake Miller – Wait For You
  • Avril Lavigne – Tell Me It's Over
  • Travis Scott/Drake – Sicko Mode
Bad Liar is probably my favorite single off Origins. Let You Love Me has a great production. Dancing's Not A Crime is decent but it sounds a lot like an AJR song. 7 Rings is my new favorite song of 2019 because it's so catchy. I'm So Tired is so fucking boring and Troye Sivan doesn't make it better.

Top 5:
1. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next
2. Charli XCX/Troye Sivan - 1999
3. Alessia cara - Trust My Lonely
4. Anne-Marie - 2002
5. Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life

No comments:

Post a Comment