Popular Posts

Sunday, December 16, 2018

The Chainsmokers (1) - Week Of December 15, 2018

This was a pretty good week. For Christmas vacation, I’m in Oceania. Now, here’s this week’s exits.
Loud Luxury/Brando – Body (#34)
Alex Aiono – Big Mistake (#36)
Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman (#45)

Last Week's #1 Song: 5 Seconds Of Summer – Youngblood
The Countdown:
45. Calvin Harris/Sam Smith – Promises (#43)
44. Shawn Mendes – In My Blood (#44)
43. Taylor Swift – Delicate (#42)
42. Bazzi/Camila Cabello – Beautiful (#41)
41. George Ezra – Shotgun (#37)
40. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle (#38)
39. Charlie Puth – The Way I Am (#39)
38. NOTD/Bea Miller – I Wanna Know (#40)
37. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper – Shallow (#33)
36. Silk City/Dua Lipa – Electricity (#30)
35. Olly Murs/Snoop Dogg – Moves (DEBUT)
34. Panic! At The Disco – Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#35)
33. Shawn Mendes – Lost In Japan (#32)
32. Lauren Jauregui – Expectations (DEBUT)
31. Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes (#31)
30. Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho (DEBUT)
29. Maroon 5/Cardi B – Girls Like You (#20)
28. Selena Gomez – Back To You (#28)
27. Backstreet Boys – Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#25)
26. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren – Side Effects (#26)
25. Lauv/Julia Michaels – There's No Way (#29)
24. David Guetta/Anne-Marie – Don't Leave Me Alone (#22)
23. Alec Benjamin – Let Me Down Slowly (#27)
22. Little Mix/Nicki Minaj – Woman Like Me (#19)
21. TWENTY ØNE PILØTS – My Blood (#18)
20. Camila Cabello – Consequences (#16)
19. Shawn Mendes – Nervous (#13)
18. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid – Eastside (#24)
17. The Struts/Kesha – Body Talks (#15)
16. Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next (#21)
15. lovelytheband – Broken (#11)
14. Post Malone/Swae Lee – Sunflower (#17)
13. Dan + Shay – Tequila (#9)
12. Bebe Rexha – I'm A Mess (#14)
11. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#23)
10. Khalid/Normani – Love Lies (#10)
9. Anne-Marie – 2002 (#8)
8. Fall Out Boy – The Last Of The Real Ones (#7)
7. Ariana Grande – Breathin' (#12)
6. Imagine Dragons – Natural (#5)
5. Halsey – Without Me (#6)
4. Marshmello/BΔSTILLE – Happier (#4)
3. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Youngblood (#1)
2. Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes (#3)
1. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling (#2)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Camila Cabello/Young Thug – Havana (1)

Biggest DRRRRRRROP!!! Of The Week: Maroon 5/Cardi B – Girls Like You (–9)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It (+12)

New Entrants:
Moves is such a good song. It’s really catchy and I wanna dance whenever this song comes on. It’s not his best as songs like Troublemaker and Up were better.

Lauren Jauregui is the third member from Fifth Harmony to get a song outside of the group. To be honest, she isn’t as good as Camila or Normandi. I think Expectations a good song, but it’s not great. Her vocals could have much better improvement.

I didn’t expect Sweet But Psycho to debut this week. It’s a really good song. However, it may not be too long before I get sick of it. 

HitBound:
Dan + Shay – Speechless
Alessia Cara – Trust My Lonely
TWENTY ØNE PILØTS – Chlorine
Seeb/BΔSTILLE – Grip (DEBUT)
Zara Larsson – Ruin My Life
Imagine Dragons – Machine
Steve Aoki/BTS – Waste It On Me
Dean Lewis – Be Alright
Ellie Goulding/Diplo – Close To Me
Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus – Nothing Breaks Like A Heart
James Arthur – Empty Space
Charli XCX/Troye Sivan – 1999 (DEBUT)
Khalid – Better
Lauren Daigle – You Say (DEBUT)
5 Seconds Of Summer – Killer Queen
I do not see what’s so good about Grip. I honestly find it boring. 1999 is very catchy. You Say isn’t something I would get into. Let’s see if it’ll grow on me in the future.

Top 5 HitBound:
  1. Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life
  2. Charli XCX/Troye Sivan - 1999
  3. Alessia Cara - Trust My Lonely
  4. Ellie Goulding/Diplo – Close To Me
  5. Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus – Nothing Breaks Like A Heart

Blurbpectations:
This was a really good week other than God Is A Woman’s departure.

George Ezra - Shotgun dropped back into the bottom 5. Let’s have this song not impact he radio in January. It really needs to go.

I don’t think Maroon 5 - Girls Like You had a large enough biggest drop. It needs to be in the bottom third of the countdown at least.

Yes, I’m very happy about the new #1. I mean I would take This Feeling over Youngblood or High Hopes any day. The other 2 don’t just need to leave the top 5, but it needs to get into the bottom half of the countdown.

I’m actually sad that Shawn Mendes - In My Blood will most likely leave next week.

How can people tolerate Lady Gaga - Shallow? It keeps becoming a more mediocre song at the moment. The vocals aren’t good and she was better with I’ll Never Love Again.

I don’t know when Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes is going to leave the countdown as it keeps hanging onto the #31 spot.

We really need to have a 6+ exit week soon. I mean there’s still less green/purple songs on the countdown than there is in the other colors.

The Middle better not last a year on the countdown. Same with Say Amen (Saturday Night) and Whatever It Takes.

Lauv/Julia Michaels - There’s No Way should not be jumping.

Most Missed Song: Katy Perry - Roar

Throwback Pick: Jesse McCartney- Beautiful Soul (2004)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar

#1 Recommendation For You: Charli XCX/Troye Sivan – 1999

Recommended Song To Hit #1: Bebe Rexha - I’m A Mess

Recommended Song To Leave Next Week: Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

Recommended HitBound Dropout: Imagine Dragons - Machine

Top 20 Review:
0-Crap:
NONE

1-Bad:
20. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
19. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes

2-Mediocre:
18. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
17. lovelytheband - Broken
16. Khalid/Normandi - Love Lies
15. Imagine Dragons - Natural

3-Decent:
14. Halsey - Without Me
13. Dan + Shay - Tequila

4-Good:
12. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks

5-Great:
11. Shawn Mendes - Nervous
10. Marshmello/BΔSTILLE – Happier
9. Post Malone/Swae Lee – Sunflower
8. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It
7. Ariana Grande – Breathin'
6. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling
5. Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next
4. Anne-Marie – 2002
3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid – Eastside
2. Camila Cabello – Consequences

6-Best Song:
1. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess
Total Score: 76/100

Top 5 Picks:
  1. Bebe Rexha - I’m A Mess
  2. Camila Cabello - Consequences
  3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
  4. Anne-Marie - 2002
  5. Shawn Mendes - Lost In Japan

Bottom 5 Picks:
  1. George Ezra - Shotgun
  2. Lauv/Julia Michaels - There’s No Way
  3. Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You
  4. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
  5. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

No comments:

Post a Comment