Popular Posts

Friday, January 4, 2019

The Chainsmokers (3) - Week Of December 29, 2018

Yes, I’m completely clear that I have skipped a week. This usually doesn’t happen to me as I’m always on time. I was out of town and I had to do some YE posts. It was tough but I did it’s here’s last week’s exits:
Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes (#31) [1 Week At #1]
Shawn Mendes/Zedd – Lost In Japan (#33)
Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper – Shallow (#37)
Taylor Swift – Delicate (#43)
Calvin Harris/Sam Smith – Promises (#45)
As for this week, there were no exits thus we’ll go straight to the countdown.

Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling
The Countdown
45. Shawn Mendes – In My Blood (#45) [2 Weeks At #1]
44. NOTD/Bea Miller – I Wanna Know (#44)
43. Twenty One Pilots – My Blood (#41)
42. Steve Aoki/BTS – Waste It On Me (#39)
41. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle (#40) [9 Weeks At #1]
40. Bazzi/Camila Cabello – Beautiful (#42)
39. George Ezra – Shotgun (#43)
38. Charlie Puth – The Way I Am (#38)
37. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren – Side Effects (#33)
36. Panic! At The Disco – Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#36) [4 Weeks At #1]
35. Silk City/Dua Lipa – Electricity (#35)
34. Lauv/Julia Michaels – There's No Way (#32)
33. Selena Gomez – Back To You (#29)
32. Backstreet Boys – Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#30)
31. Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus – Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (#37)
30. Twenty One Pilots – Chlorine (#28)
29. Bebe Rexha – I'm a Mess (#21)
28. Shawn Mendes – Nervous (#26)
27. David Guetta/Anne-Marie – Don't Leave Me Alone (#31)
26. James Arthur – Empty Space (#34)
25. Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho (#15)
24. Maroon 5/Cardi B – Girls Like You (#24)
23. Lauren Jauregui – Expectations (#23)
22. Olly Murs/Snoop Dogg – Moves (#22)
21. Little Mix/Nicki Minaj – Woman Like Me (#25)
20. lovelytheband – Broken (#18)
19. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee – Close To Me (#27)
18. Imagine Dragons – Natural (#20) [1 Week At #1]
17. Ariana Grande – Breathin (#19)
16. Dan + Shay – Tequila (#12)
15. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid – Eastside (#13)
14. Alec Benjamin – Let Me Down Slowly (#14)
13. Post Malone/Swae Lee – Sunflower (#11)
12. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#9)
11. Camila Cabello – Consequences (#17)
10. The Struts/Kesha – Body Talks (#16)
  9. Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next (#10)
  8. Fall Out Boy – The Last Of The Real Ones (#7) [2 Weeks At #1]
  7. Khalid/Normani – Love Lies (#6)
  6. Anne-Marie – 2002 (#8)
  5. 5 Seconds of Summer – Youngblood (#5) [5 Weeks At #1]
  4. Halsey – Without Me (#4)
  3. Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes (#2) [8 Weeks At #1]
  2. Marshmello/Bastille – Happier (#3) [2 Weeks At #1]
  1. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling (#1) [3rd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Halsey – Bad At Love (2)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho (–10)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Tie Between James Arthur – Empty Space and Ellie Goulding/Diplo – Close To Me (+8)

New Entrants:
Steve Aoki is back with Waste It On Me. If it wasn’t for BTS, this would’ve been a great song. And I think the rap verse is pretty good. This song is a good song but it won’t be long before I get sick of it.

I have a feeling that Mark Ronson really improves from Uptown Funk. Even though Uptown Funk is only mediocre, Nothing Breaks Like A Heart is awesome. I’m really not a huge fan of Miley Cyrus but she really improved. I really hope this song gets as successful as Uptown Funk. However, Uptown Funk was overrated as hell.

James Arthur is back with Empty Space. TBH, I lost interest in the song while it was on HitBound. I just don’t know why though. Say You Won’t Let Go was far better and Empty Space shouldn’t even be as successful. I doubt it’ll grow back in me though.

I love Twenty One Pilots’ music but this song it just wow. I really do not like the production of this song. It’s so bad that I wanna kill myself. This duo is really going downhill from their music career. I mean why would they just do that? This song better not last very long on the countdown.

Close To Me is an awesome song. I can see why though. It’s just unique for Ellie to sing a song like this. I don’t get why people don’t like it as much. As Hits 1 overrated Ellie Goulding, this will probably last a long time.

HitBound:
Lauren Daigle – You Say
Charli XCX/Troye Sivan – 1999
Dan + Shay – Speechless
5 Seconds Of Summer – Killer Queen
Alessia Cara – Trust My Lonely
Seeb/Bastille – Grip
Imagine Dragons – Machine
Pitbull/Rhea – Ocean To Ocean
Avril Lavigne – Tell Me It's Over
Benny Blanco/Calvin Harris – I Found You
Dean Lewis – Be Alright
Khalid – Better green
Stephen Puth – Sexual Vibe
Zara Larsson – Ruin My Life
lovelytheband – Maybe, I'm Afraid
Ocean To Ocean is another Africa cover and TBH, Rhea ruins it. Avril Lavigne with Tell Me It’s Over is a huge improvement from Hello Kitty as that song wasn’t good at all. I actually like I Found You for some reason. I find that Stephen Puth isn’t as good as Charlie but he’s still good. Maybe, I’m Afraid is an amazing song and should replace Broken because that song’s old.

Blurbs:
Due to this post being late, there’ll be no blurbs this week, unfortunately. There also won’t be a top 20 review, and top and bottom 5.

Most Missed Song: Dua Lipa - New Rules


Throwback Pick: Lady Gaga - Paparazzi (2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment